Jane Findling Burton Endowed Scholarship
FALL 2023 & SPRING 2024 SEMESTER
- Complete online application on UTSA Scholarship Hub
- Recipients must be enrolled Full-Time: Undergraduates a minimum of 12 hours; graduate recipients must be a minimum of 9 credit hours
- Entering freshmen and transfer students must have transcripts on file with the Office of Admissions and/or Registrar’s Office
- Incoming freshmen must have graduated top 25% of their class or have a minimum SAT score of 1050 or a minimum ACT score of 20
- Transfer and returning students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing
- Preference will be given to applicants demonstrating financial need as determined by the UTSA Office of Financial Aid. However, financial need alone will not exclude applicants from this scholarship.
- Scholarships will be disbursed equally in the Fall and Spring semesters, provided the student maintains eligibility
- Recipient must be available to attend a minimum of one event in which UTSA Alumni Association Scholars are showcased
- Short essay: Explain what this scholarship means to you.
- Short essay: Autobiographical
- Two letters of recommendation (teachers, employers, counselors, supervisors)
- UTSA Alumni Association
- Supplemental Questions
- Short Essay: Submit short essay on what this scholarships means to you.
- Autobiographical Essay: Please submit an autobiographical essay.
- Letters of Reference: Provide two letters of reference. (They need to be saved as ONE pdf to upload)
- UTSA Alumni Reference: Do you have a UTSA alumni reference?