COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR SUMMER 2023
The purpose of the COLFA Student Success Center Experiential Learning Scholarship is to support undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) seeking to professionally develop outside of the classroom in relation to your major. The funds for this scholarship are used to support:
• Research projects related to your field of study or academic interests
• Study abroad/study away and global engagement programs
• Internships, both for-credit and non-credit (minimum 10hrs per week for at least 5 weeks)
• Training or professional certification programs that are related to your field of study
• Conference and seminar registration related to your field of study
• Community engagement projects related to your field of study
• Exhibits, competitions, and performances related to your field of study, beyond what is required for your degree.
This scholarship is in alignment with the UTSA Classroom to Career Initiative.
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student with a major in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts department or school at the time of the proposed experience.
• Must be a student in good standing.
• If awarded, the proposed experience must take place in the applicable term of the awarded scholarship (Fall, Spring, Summer).
• A student may not be awarded more than one COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship in one academic year.
• Must be eligible, accepted, and approved for experience before funds are distributed.
Recipients of the COLFA Student Success Center Experiential Learning Scholarship will receive up to $500 toward the cost of the approved learning experience. Recipients can only receive one award in an academic year.
The application will request:
• Detailed information on the proposed experience
• A 400- to 500-word description of your proposed experience and how it will connect with your professional and academic goals.
• An itemized budget (up to $500) for the proposed experience (EXAMPLE: Conference registration fee: $90; hotel 2 nights (double occupancy): $150; gas: $50; meals during travel days: $40; hotel parking: $30. TOTAL= $360). Not allowed are costs to purchase a computer and/or other equipment, including internet service fees.
Applications of eligible applicants will be evaluated by a committee in the COLFA. The committee will rank each application based on the following criteria:
• Relevance to your field of study and impact of the experience on your professional development.
• Priority will be given to COLFA Experiential Learning first-time recipients.
The deadline for Spring 2023 is February 15th
For general scholarship questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Varies (Up to $500)
- College of Liberal & Fine Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please Select Experiential Learning Opportunity for which you are seeking funding:
- Please provide detailed information on the proposed experience (100-200 words) (include dates, location, contacts, and websites)
- In 400 – 500 words, please describe how your proposed experience will connect with your professional and academic goals.
- Please provide an itemized budget (up to $500) for the proposed experience. (EXAMPLE: Conference registration fee: $90; hotel 2 nights (double occupancy): $150; gas: $50; meals during travel days: $40; hotel parking: $30. TOTAL=$360)
- When will your proposed experience take place?
- Have you previously been awarded the COLFA Student Success Center Experiential Learning Scholarship? If so, what year and semester were you awarded?
- Show 1 more