Year 1 Nau Graduate Research Award in History
1. The student must be enrolled in the UTSA History Graduate Program and actively pursuing a UTSA M.A. degree in the 2023-2024 academic year.
2. Fellows must be in good academic standing and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a scale of 4.0.
3. Applicants must complete a fellowship application through UTSA and include any supplemental information required.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation ((UTSA strongly recommends that you ask your college professors for recommendations when possible, esp. recommendations written by history professors.)
5. Must complete an impact statement: How would receiving a John Nau Award encourage your study of history and ability to do historical research? Factors may include preparing to be a future instructor of history, reducing hours at place of employment to have more time to devote to history, an interest in studying history beyond the MA, reducing your debt burden, being a student Ambassador for the History Department at Department events, etc.
6. Must submit a sample research essay of not more than 4,000 words. Applicants interested in any field of history will be considered, and those students with a demonstrated interest in Texas history or 19th Century, US Civil War history are especially encouraged to apply. Submit a research-based essay on this topic to indicate interest.