Michael Maltrud Endowed Memorial Scholarship
The Michael Maltrud Endowed Memorial Scholarship shall be held in perpetuity and shall be used for the benefit of the College of Sciences (“College”) at the University or its successor. Funds distributed from the endowment shall be used to provide one or more scholarships for undergraduate students enrolled in the College in accordance with the following criteria:
- The number and amount of awards may vary depending on distributions from the endowment and the applicant pool in any given year. It is preferred that scholarship(s) not drop below $1000.
- Recipient(s) must be enrolled full-time as determined by the University and actively pursuing a degree in the College. An exception to full-time enrollment may be granted by the Dean on a case-by-case basis when the student is not required to take a full course load to graduate, provided the student is enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours.
- Recipient must have minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) and be in good standing with the University.
- Primary preference will be given to applicants who have completed 60 credit hours and are pursuing a degree in Computer Science or, if one becomes available, a teaching certificate specializing in Computer Science.
- Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to graduates of John Marshall High School in San Antonio, Texas, or successor.
- Additional preference will be given to those who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid at the University.
- Recipients should be U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must complete a University General Scholarship and Award Application, provide a one-page essay describing themselves and their goals. Final selection of the recipient will be made by an officially recognized scholarship committee of the College, or its successor.
- College of Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Personal Statement: Provide a one page essay describing yourself and your goals.
(500 max words)