Kong Ming Lee and Yip On Lee Endowed Memorial Scholarship in Commerce
• Pursuing a degree in accounting with concentrations in taxation and/or information systems or information technology
• Preference given to junior or senior undergraduate in the College of Business
• Must be enrolled full time
• Demonstrate financial need as determined by the university Office of Financial Aid
• Recipient(s) must have outstanding marks in Federal Income Taxation course and/or courses in accounting, auditing and information systems or information technology or their successors, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or its equivalent in any successor grading system.
• Recipient(s) must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Preference is for recipient to be a resident of the State of Texas.
• Recipient(s) must demonstrate the ideals exemplified by Kong Ming Lee and Yip On Lee through their academic ability, strong work ethic, passion for learning, and a commitment to community through volunteer work and, or extracurricular University activity.
• Preference will be given to individuals who, for financial reasons, have to maintain part-time employment during the school year to afford his/her studies.