COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR FALL 2022
The purpose of the COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship is to support undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) seeking to professionally develop outside of the classroom. The funds for this scholarship are used to support:
• Research projects related to your field of study or interests
• Study abroad and global engagement programs connected to your professional goals
• Internships, both for-credit and non-credit (minimum 10hrs per week for at least 5 weeks)
• Non-COLFA certificate and workshop programs that are connected to your professional development
• Conference and seminar registration related to your field of study
• Community engagement projects related to your field of study
• Exhibits, competitions, and performances related to your field of study that connect to your professional development
This grant is in alignment with the UTSA Classroom to Career Initiative.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts at the time of the proposed experience. (Must be a major in a COLFA Department).
- Must be a student in good standing.
- If awarded, proposed experience must take place in the application term of the awarded scholarship (Fall, Spring, Summer).
- A student may not be awarded more than one COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship in one fiscal year.
- Must be eligible, accepted, and approved for experience before funds are distributed.
The application will request:
- Detailed information on the proposed experience
- A 400 – 500 word description of your proposed experience and how it will connect with your personal, professional, and academic goals.
- An itemized budget (up to $500) for the proposed experience (EXAMPLE: Conference registration fee: $90; hotel 2 nights (double occupancy): $150; gas: $50; meals during travel days: $40; hotel parking: $30. TOTAL= $360)
This is a rolling opportunity. Deadlines vary as follows:
The deadline for applications in the Fall 2022 will be September 15 (notifications on September 23)
The deadline for applications in the Spring 2023 will be February 15 (notifications on March 1)
The deadline for applications in the Summer 2023 TBD
For general scholarship questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Varies (Up to $500)
- College of Liberal & Fine Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please Select Experiential Learning Opportunity for which you are seeking funding:
- Please provide detailed information on the proposed experience (100-200 words) (include dates, location, contacts, and websites)
- In 400 – 500 words, please describe how your proposed experience will connect with your professional and academic goals.
- Please provide an itemized budget (up to $500) for the proposed experience. (EXAMPLE: Conference registration fee: $90; hotel 2 nights (double occupancy): $150; gas: $50; meals during travel days: $40; hotel parking: $30. TOTAL=$360)