Jessie Mann Endowed Computer Science Scholarship in Honor of Hugh Maynard
The Jessie Mann Endowed Computer Science Scholarship in Honor of Hugh Maynard shall be a permanent endowment and shall be used for the benefit of the Department of Computer Science in the College of Sciences (“College”), or its successors. Funds distributed from the endowment shall be used to fund an undergraduate scholarships, according to the terms as follows:
- It is intended that this endowment shall provide the maximum possible awards to ensure the scholarship be prestigious and competitive. Should the amount of endowment distribution increase in the future to allow for additional awards, the amount of the awards should be based on the amount of the distributions.
- Recipient must be enrolled full-time (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid) as an undergraduate student with a declared major in computer science at the University, or its successor. An exception may be made on a case-by-case basis when the recipient is not required to be enrolled full-time to graduate, provided the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Recipient(s) must have completed a minimum of four (4) courses in computer science at the University and have a minimum of 3.4 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) within those courses.
- A scholarship application is required. Final selection of the recipient will be made by an officially recognized scholarship committee at the University within the Department of Computer Sciences, or their successors.
- Scholarship may be renewed for up to three (3) years without reapplication provided the recipient maintains all minimum stated criteria.
- College of Sciences, Computer Science