UTSA Engineering FIRST Robotic Competition (FRC)/ FIRST Technology Challenge (FTC) Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship available to FIRST participants who are first-year (freshmen) undergraduate students enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester credit hours) in the College of Engineering at UTSA. Applicants must be admitted to the College of Engineering. The scholarship is not renewable beyond one academic year.
- Applicants must be accepted as full-time students in the College of Engineering at UTSA;
- Applicants must not have previously received a FRC/FTC scholarship from UTSA;
- Applicants must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Applicants must have participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team.
- Applicants must provide recommendation letter from FRC/FTC Adult Mentor/Coach;
- Final selection of recipient will be made by an officially recognized scholarship committee from the College of Engineering based on the criteria specified above.
- Application packets must include documentation demonstrating full participation in FRC or FTC and a recommendation letter from FRC/FTC Adult Mentor/Coach.
- Margie and Bill Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team?
- Documentation of full participation in FRC or FTC and a recommendation letter from FRC/FTC Adult Mentor/Coach.