The Guadalupe Harber Scholarship - BESO
Must be an undergraduate student actively pursuing teaching certification in Bilingual Education at UTSA.
Must be an active member of the Bilingual Education Student Organization (BESO) as defined by the organization’s constitution.
Minimum UTSA GPA or overall cumulative GPA of 2.5
Recommendation Letter from UTSA Faculty member or professional acquaintance required.
- College of Education & Human Development
- Supplemental Questions
- Letter of Reference: Please request a letter of reference from a UTSA faculty member or professional acquaintance.
- Are you a member of BESO for Undergraduates or are you a member of GLOBE for Graduates?
- Please write an essay at least 2 pages long (minimum 2000 words) addressing the following:
1. Briefly explain in English how you plan to advocate for Bilingual Education.
2. Briefly explain in Spanish why you wish to work in Bilingual Education.
3. Please describe your participation in BESO.
4. Please list your participation in other educational or community organizations.
- Do you have Spanish/English proficiency?