Boren Fellowship (Graduate)
This scholarship is listed by UTSA’s Office of Nationally Competitive Awards, which supports current UTSA students on the undergraduate and graduate levels to apply to opportunities outside of UTSA. Students are encouraged to work with the Office of Nationally Competitive Awards and Fellowships as early as possible to discuss the application process. While some applications are short, drafting application materials for major awards may take months of preparation, and application materials should reflect this high level of preparation. Please note that we do not advise students on other scholarship opportunities listed on the scholarship hub outside of the “External” section.
The Boren Fellowship funds U.S. graduate students to travel abroad to study less commonly taught languages underrepresented in study abroad. Students in graduate Cyber Security programs are especially encouraged to apply.
Award: Up to $24,000 for overseas study of 9-12 months
- Students interested in working with Federal National Security
- Commit to working in the federal government for a minimum of 1 year after graduation
- U.S. Citizen
- Enrolling in an overseas program in a country outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand
- Enrolled or applying to a graduate program in a U.S. college or university
- Must not graduate until completion of fellowship
Deadline: End of January
If you plan to apply to this specific program and would like application support, please contact Andrew Chapman of the Office of Nationally Competitive Awards by filling out the following intake form. Please do not submit this intake form to inquire about other awards listed in the Scholarship Hub.