Fulbright Commission United Kingdom Summer Institutes
The Fulbright Summer UK institute is a three-to-four week summer program is for U.S. undergraduates seeking to study abroad in the United Kingdom. Students will be able to experience a rewarding academic program at a prestigious UK university, while also exploring the culture, heritage, and history of the UK. Students apply for a select theme. Past themes have been “Climate Change and the Environment, Understanding Ireland. Northern Perspectives,” “Arts, Activism and Social Justice,” and “Technology, Innovation, and Creativity.” This award is targeted for students who have had little to no international travel experience.
Award: Airfare costs, tuition and fees for the host university, room and board, and a small daily allowance for meals
- U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years or older
- be in your Freshman/Sophomore year at time of application.
- Must have a passport or legal way of entering the U.K.
- Demonstrate leadership, initiative, academic success, upstanding character, adaptability, and in an interest in the U.K. and the culture.
- Have had little or no study/travel outside of the US or North America
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
Application deadlines are in February each year.
Interested applicants should visit the website below for the scholarship to learn more about the award. If you plan to apply to this specific program and would like application support, please contact Andrew Chapman of the Office of Nationally Competitive Awards by filling out the following intake form. Please do not submit this intake form to inquire about other awards listed in the Scholarship Hub.